Our mission is to be your most trusted friend in your pursuit of health and wellbeing. We’re committed to communicating authoritative, approachable and actionable content that inspires and guides you toward the best possible health.
In order to support our efforts and provide you with free content, we receive funding from advertisements, sponsored content, and other partnerships, such as affiliate programs. The reality is that funding from our advertisers allows us to do what we do for you. Be assured that we’re committed absolutely to honest content and are never influenced by advertisers or sponsors. And we will always keep you in the loop, you will know what is sponsored, an ad, or may provide commission.
Here are the specific guidelines we follow.
1. We choose the ads.
We maintain sole discretion for determining the types of ads that will be accepted. We reserve the right to reject, cancel, or remove any ads, at any time and for any reason. We also reserve the right to determine the appropriate placement of ads.
2. We are picky about ads we accept.
We will not accept any of the following (so don’t even ask):
- Ads that are factually inaccurate and/or, in our opinion, in poor taste.
- Pharmaceuticals not approved for indication(s) as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Ads for harmful or illegal products or services.
- Ads discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Fake news articles.
- Ads that contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material.
- Ads for firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, or tobacco.
3. We clearly mark ads.
We indicate between advertisements and editorial content. All ads are clearly identified. Clicking on an ad will take the user to an advertiser’s site.
4. We label sponsored content.
We accept trusted and credible sponsors aimed to provide our visitors with current information. We may gain financial benefit at the same time in order to fund our efforts.
Editorial content sponsored by an advertiser is subject to our editorial policy and is reviewed by our editorial staff. When content is provided by or influenced by a named sponsor, we ensure our users will not confuse that sponsored content with our own original editorial content.
Here are the types of sponsored content we may present:
- Sponsored content: Sponsored content refers to content that is created by us covering a topic area that is relevant to an advertiser. We have sole control, and no advertiser has any input into the content. Sponsored content will be labeled with a tag such as: “sponsored by our partners,” “sponsored by,” “from our sponsor,” or “brought to you by.”
- Co-branded content: This content is created in partnership with our sponsor and may have a sponsor logo on the page, article, video, or other content. The content adheres to our editorial guidelines and may include products, promotions or links to an advertiser’s site. In some cases, a portion of the content will be created or directed by an advertiser. Co-branded content will be labeled with the sponsor’s logo, as well as text such as “Made in partnership with BRAND NAME.”
- Native advertising: Native advertising refers to links or ads that link to other content. These links may direct users to other content on our site or may link to an advertiser or sponsor-owned page. In cases where links direct viewers outside our site, links will be labeled “Sponsored.”
- Social media posts: We may present advertising messages, advertisements or sponsored posts in our social media channels. These advertisements will be labeled “#ad” or similar.
5. We don’t hide commissions.
We seek out products and/or services that we believe may support our mission in helping you live your best life. We may receive a payment when users purchase, or sign up for the product or service but are not responsible for providing the products or services. Purchases help to support this site. Links will be labeled to indicate where we may be eligible to receive a small commission.
6. We don’t endorse advertisers products.
Although products may appear in ads on our site, under no circumstances shall our acceptance of any ad be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised, or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes these product(s) or service(s). However, editorial reviews of products on our website are the opinion of our editorial staff and will be expressly noted as such.