Your Privacy is Important to Us!
Information We Collect
Through the Services we provide, you can subscribe to email newsletters or occasionally purchase products or services. We collect the information, including any personally identifiable information that you provide to us in the course of using the Services. The types of information that may be collected through these Services include, but are not limited to: name, address, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit or debit card information, when provided by you.
We or our partners, advertisers, advertising networks or other third party service providers, as explained further in the “Collection of Information by Third-Parties” section below, may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages, open our emails, or otherwise use the Services, including such information as the type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, your device identifiers, your Internet or wireless service provider, location-based information, and the content and advertisements you have interacted with or viewed. This data may be combined and linked with data from other sources.
How We Use the Information
- We may use the information you provide about yourself or others to fulfill requests for our publications, products or services, to respond to inquiries about offerings and to offer other products, programs or services that may be of interest.
- We may combine information we receive with outside records and share such information with third parties for use on our behalf to customize products or services that may be of interest to you.
- We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as when we make changes to subscriptions or to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter.
- We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable general information that we collect to improve the design and content of our publications. We also may use this information to analyze site use.
- We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
- Please note that if Modern Health or any of its subsidiaries or lines of business is merged, acquired, divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger of, consolidation, or sale the relevant customer database, including personally identifiable information we may possess about you, may be sold, disposed of, transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction or proceeding.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Some of our Services contain links to third party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than ours. We also allow you to connect with other third party sites and services. You should consult the other third party sites’ and services’ privacy notices in order to better understand their privacy practices.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
We may place “cookies” on your computer or device. Cookies are small text files that we place in your computer or device to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personal information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering with one of our Services. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your Web browser or device, and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who has used our Services, and relate your use of the Services to other information about you, such as your usage information and personal information.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies and you should be aware that disabling cookies or similar tracking technologies might prevent you from accessing some of our content. If you wish to block cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ to find out how.
Our Commitment to Security
We have put in place appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect. No system can be completely secure, however, and we do not guarantee that unauthorized disclosures and access will not happen.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we need it for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws. Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity.
Special Note for Parents
The site you are visiting is a general audience site and is not intended for use by children.
How to Contact Us